Saturday 27 March 2010

Spring Clean

Hmm, the thick layer of dust building on my last blog post seems to imply an update is in order. So, here’s a couple of things I’ve been working on recently:



The above is a pixel art piece I did for the cover of Fuse, in Forge Press. Anyone from Sheffield should recognise the IC and the Arts Tower – digitalising them such a crude and isometric manner took far too long. The IC, for instance, took literally hours. I have immense newfound respect for any pixel artist, because I now realise the religious-like devotion these people have for their craft (because it is a craft – you are not painting, you are building, square by square). I can only imagine there is some intangible pixel deity to whom they pray, as I cannot see another reason why you would devote so much of your life and sanity to mere artistic achievement.

The article to which the picture is related can be found here; it’s an attempt to catalogue some of the best freeware games you can get from the internet, and I wrote most of the summaries. Unfortunately I didn’t have much room for flair in my writing, because we needed to keep the wordcount to a bare minimum to fit as many games into the feature as possible.



This is a little animation I’m working on for my friends’ club night, JUNK. I really enjoyed making it – animating melting flesh is more fun than it would seem. It’s not finished, and to be honest I’m not really sure what we’re going to do with it anyway (perhaps chuck it on a website?), but I’m quite proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment